How to make exotic colors for Lipstick (Green, Blue.. ANY color really)


PARA O TUTORIAL EM PORTUGUÊS CLIQUE AQUI.


Hi guys,

First I'd like to say that a store bought lipstick would work better.
But, if you like me, don't have one of the color you'd like this tutorial might help you.



It's quite simple: 
1. cover the entire lips with you fav primer. I used one by E.L.F Cosmetics.



2. Then I applied the eyeshadow in the color I want. Since the Eyeshadows are made to use on you eyes, it's ok to use them on the lips as well. I used a light green with shimmer (also by ELF) but you can choose matte eyeshadows.






3. Since I wanted to make a darker green tone like Poison Ivy wears in the artwork of Jimmy Lee, I darked the corners and smudged it to the center.



4. Finally to reduce the dry effect I used a cheap chapstick as a moisturizer, but you can use whatever you'd like.



PROS:
- cheap!
- lasts surprisingly long!
- easy to make;
- you can make any color you want.

CONS:
- a little more work than just applying a regular lipstick;
- doesn't come in a tube;
- really depends on the quality of the primer and the eyeshadow;


H-SAMA TIP: Exotic colors usually show all flaws from your lips. Exfoliate your lips with a honey and sugar scrub before wearing it.


And here's a pic with me wearing it! My Christmas countdown has started.




EDITED: I've also tried with blue too <3

What do you guys think of it?




Help spread the word:
share it on your facebook, pinterest or blog




share it on your facebook, pinterest or blog

HOW TO MAKE GREEN / BLUE LIPSTICK
How to make exotic colors for Lipstick (click here)
HOW TO? make Green lipstick (click here)
HOW TO? make Blue lipstick (click here)
Green lips cosplay, green lipstick

Comments