Cosplay Tutorial Miss America Chavez - Young Avengers Marvel

beyonce-america-comic-marvel.jpg (620×488):


Cosplay Tutorial Miss America Chavez - Young Avengers


Created on 2011, America Chavez from the Young Avengers, has now her own comics. And I must say the Uncle Sam x Beyonce Formation Mash-up costume on the cover caught my attention in a  VERY GOOD WAY. #slaying 


9Now GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY



If you don't know her: she wears Gold Hoops, Bangles, Casual clothes, her natural hair and by the way, she's queer, and she will be written by Gabby Rivera - a female author that is also Latina and queer.  Can we shout out for the inclusion? 

Captain America Star Logo T-shirt:
I must tell you the truth, 
I was never into Captain America because...
well... he was "too american".

Not that it's a bad thing. Certainly not.
My husband is THE live version of him!
- and btw he wears the shirt all the time too -

But have you seem me



A post shared by Mermaid (@hsama) on


I didn't see myself EVER cosplaying a female version of Captain America without feeling ridiculous. I'm Black + Latin AF! Maybe I could be Major Brazil or Private Venezuela at best.


And before you say "but race has nothing to do with cosplay"
Let's be honest for a sec and imagine all the curse-words I'd hear/read in some cons or parts of the internet.... C'mon. You know it.

Anyways...
I was never into Captain America or Miss America until now.
This Chara totally changed my view of it! 
I LOVE cosplaying strong women and she is definitely a badass!

I NEVER thought someone Latinx could be America, and guys, what a GREAT way to be proven wrong. I LOVED the aesthetic!!


Coincidentally this year is my first year as "an American"  (papers, man) and I was planning on doing something really extra like Arnold Schwarzenegger's 4th of July pic. #JustBecause

And then... this bomb was dropped! 
Seriously: How lit is this 2nd cover?? 


 :


It's being a while since last I posted a tutorial of a costume I would personally wear myself... AND her looks are really cute and easy to make, so let's talk about a few of my favorites?





America Chavez is literal perfection. Love Young Avengers <--- yessss!  And she's one of my favorite superheroes, too!!! ;):




Classic Look:  Blue Tanktop with white star, Jeans coat - that I'd buy at a thrift shop and paint some details on, Red Hoodie, Sailor Black Shorts, Red Sneakers and Gold hoops.

IT will be the easiest cosplay I'll ever put together!! 


Cosplay Miss America Chavez



There are already great cosplays of her with this look. This pic was taken in San Diego ComicCon 2013! Go inspire yourself


Miss America Chavez | SDCC 2013:







America Chavez:


Greater Hat Look: 
I absolute love this art even thought I don't think it's on the comics, I'd cosplay it just because...
Parka coat, stripped top, Spangled Banner Shorts, Sneakers, hoops, Red Backpack and a hat that I'd make a small joke with Trump's one because of it's similarity. Not that you have to...


Cosplay Tutorial America Chavez











 :



4th of July Look: THE-BOMB!

I LOVED the Aesthetic in this look: The gorgeous and massive necklace - which I imagine would be a cascade of maxi necklaces and chokers layered on top of each other.

Plus the Uncle Sam's top hat worn in a Beyonce way... with the starred shoulder dress ... is LOVELY! 




America Chavez



To be honest, I don't know how the entire look is! I put it as a summer dress, but to ne honest it could be a Long T-shirt dress with an underbust corset. Kind of a Kylie Jenner's look. Nothing wrong with that either if you ask me.

Pair it with thigh-high boots, combat boots or sandals, who cares?


#okladiesnowletsgetinformation


Music Video GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY







ANYWAYS... She has a SH*t-ton of MORE LOOKS, and I don't really know how I feel about it but here's a few more:


Dressing like a superhero. "Miss America Chavez doesn’t get dressed: she gets ready.":






BY THE WAY READ THIS ARTICLE ABOUT  THE EVER-CHANGING LOOK OF AMERICA CHAVEZ to see more!


America Chavez!:

VARSITY LOOK: Stripped red and white top, bomber jacket and cut black jeans.


Cosplay Miss America Chavez







#marvel #america chavez #kate bishop:


SWEATHER WEATHER: High-waist black legings, and cropped blue sweater with stripes and stars I'd paint or patched on. Plus 2 bangle bracelets.

Cosplay Miss America Chavez








America Chavez and Her Star-Spangled Wardrobe:

MOTORBIKER LOOK: And lastly another badass look with the hotpants, biker jacket and Collar Shirt with an abstract eagle necklace.


Cosplay Miss America Chavez


source: 12





WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
Can we call it Marvel’s way of making America great again?

Miss America Chavez:


Are we friends yet?  Facebook   |   Youtube   |  Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Pinterest

Comments

  1. Fans willing to follow the style of their favorite characters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

H-SAMA.com: TODOS os comentários serão lidos, respondidos com carinho (pode demorar uns dias então volte pra ver!).
+++
All comments are read and will be up. Come back to see it.